[Roadsters] horse trading, datsun roadsters, and GT6

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net s=q20121106; t=1360233012; bh=vU2DFH1uIl4iLLZRi0E/xxqyZXYe6fOAM6gftMjjQoo=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=f6Utim4U6b+Pxps56pOWLmXxMfucQAocK2D3LNuK8IhBnXL+g2yCLhxqK7xII9J2u qiCnA/OUPhesH4pH0nvzgCfAZ8QMj1l4LaVB0QbrxXERLOc34bLCPn5u5JkFXZ1Icy LmAP4hP1iHAUNL+pDyofocMDHk4YBl08poVO4n5KX7USC4ilzKRWuLs+QirUz2RI2c pkCjA4LXEsF7LwaD7qYxt9u4F1TwED/nQiLy7dCltrAa6gmQ7AjSUVDUgkjCpoCuKl N9cWtnKZ3HP/eIGZWnWbbSubijtnUPz3C6zRrLmBUSsK5KRV6lZZyqytQNfUO6RqO1 DwE3wcg9/V3JQ==
Subject: [Roadsters] horse trading, datsun roadsters, and GT6
From: chalsted@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 10:30:11 +0000 (UTC)
I put a at diesel generator up on Craigslist for trade recently, one fellow
who contacted me turned out to have a datsun roadster out in his barn on the
lower forty...told me he thought it was a 1960 and he was quite sure it had a
U20 in it...hadn't been out to that part of his property in 12 years. haven't
seen it yet but now his son wants it so not for sale but he's still up for
having me out to identify it for him. said he'd hunt up the title to see for
sure what year it was. turns out his father used to be a car dealer and
handled "any make that they would let him hang a sign" they've long since sold
their Cobra, the Toyota 2000GT and a host of others...curious to see what's
still there in the barn and he says he has more cars stored out in the
midwest...I love the process of discovery :-) picked up a Triumph GT6
yesterday, frame off restored but needs wiring finished and some trim put back
on along with seats, carpet and doorpanels installed. a very sweet car :-)
even with the 6 it doesn't make the horsepower of a U20 though
Craig