Re: [Roadsters] rocker replacement

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] rocker replacement
From: "Graeme S. via Datsun-roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 12:54:20 +1030
--===============4999873895010512463==
 boundary="------------030902040403050908060204"

--------------030902040403050908060204

The outer skin is spot welded around its perimeter to the inner sill
vertical panel.
The outer skin has a compound curve in it from front to rear.
The jack plug can be retained but in all practicality, it is just a
decoration.
I have retained mine but they are non-functioning since basically I hate
the very idea of using them to jack up the car!

Regards,
Graeme S.

nissanman.shutterfly.com

On 29/03/2015 00:43, davesmbox--- via Datsun-roadsters wrote:
> Hey list
> Has any one done the patch panel rocker replacement? My 1600 has been
> patched too many times.
> Is the old outer skin tacked welded on? or fully welded? Can the
> replacement be spot welded?  Are the front and rear edges straight or
> rolled? how do you finish them?  Jack plug? do you loose it?
> Thanks Dave

--------------030902040403050908060204

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    The outer skin is spot welded around its perimeter to the inner sill
    vertical panel.<br>
    The outer skin has a compound curve in it from front to rear.<br>
    The jack plug can be retained but in all practicality, it is just a
    decoration.<br>
    I have retained mine but they are non-functioning since basically I
    hate the very idea of using them to jack up the car!<br>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">Regards,
Graeme S.

nissanman.shutterfly.com</pre>
      Datsun-roadsters wrote:<br>
      type="cite"><font color="black" face="arial" size="2">
            Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey list</font></div>
          1600 has been patched too many times.</div>
          Can the replacement be spot welded?  Are the front and rear
          edges straight or rolled? how do you finish them?  Jack plug?
          do you loose it?</div>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net";>datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net</a>

href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>
Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/graemes@internode.on.net";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/graemes@internode.on.net</a>

</pre>