fot

Re: Rings & Things

To: AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rings & Things
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 15:50:55 -0800
I think Total Seal has been around for a long time; the
machine shop I use does mostly circle track and drag
engines, and they're "really old hat" for them.

I don't know much about their top rings, but the gapless second
ring technology is *really* great. Their ads claim that
most rings have about 3-4% leakdown rate when new, and that
goes up to 10-12% within the first five hours of operation.
The gapless rings start at less than 2% and stay there. My leakdown
numbers confirm that...