fot

Re: Wheel value?

To: mjb@cs.utah.edu, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheel value?
From: TRBILBO@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 23:06:37 -0500 (EST)
IF they are magnesium and NOT aluminum...and if they've been crack
tested...they will bring about $500 to $600 the set out here. I might even be
interested myself if they are primo. Smile. If they are aluminum ( are you
sure they are not EMPI's- American knock offs?) they are worthy less to
Vintage race but are stronger for street but still bring less.Look for the
American Racing script on the inside...that helps. But not even all American
mags sport this. I come across a set about every three months out on the west
coast. Where is the valve stem located? Out at an angle or on the center line
of the rim vertical? And lastly...what is the part number inside and has
there been any contact with the upper A-arms or curbs?. Thought I'd ask. I
can probably find takers here who will pay top dollar if they are really
clean. PLEASE let me know...thanks in advance,

Bill Burroughs, So West VTR National Rep, 70 TR6, 68 TR250, 59 TR3A,
73 MKIV, 69 GT6+ and two 65 TR4A Vintage Race cars. Happy Motoring!