fot

tr performance parts

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: tr performance parts
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@bright.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 1997 22:37:36 -0500
hello to all fot.  an annoucement.  we have now completed our gear
reduction starter program for  all the popular british cars.  thsi si a
small, 3"w x 5"h x 6 1/2"l starter that weighs 9 1/2 lbs.  it has been
hotrodded to put out 525 ft lbs of torque vs 250 or less on a stock
lucas unit.  design features include slotted mounting holes for ease of
installation and the ability to use your vehicles original solenoid with
no need to rewire or use the solenoid that is built into the starter.
some design features are unique enough that a patent has been granted.
sisnce this is a gear reduction, less current is needed for cranking.
the satarter is is preengage so it does not hurt the ring gear. this is
NOT the starter being sold by moss - that starter is stepping on the
patent and steps are being taken - nor is it the one sold be titlton. we
use a base nippondenso unit while tilton starts with a hitachi unit.
the starter is available for the following cars; tr2/early tr3 w/closed
nose starter; tr3/tr4; spitfire/gt6/tr250; tr6 and tr8.  also available
for sprite/midget; mga; mgb and jaguar.  at the scca run0ffs this year
at mid-ohio, the e prod. race had 5 of our starters, 4 sets of our
roller rockers and several sets of our brakes.
this starter sells for $225 ($250 for the V8). several fot list members
have inquired so here we go. from now until Jan 1, fot members can buy
the starter for $200 ($225 v8) and i will pay shipping.  please mention
fot when you call. if someone other than myself answers the phone they
will probably charge you the regular price.  additional products include
urethane suspension bushings, modern cams, roller rockers and more.
please ask. thanks for your time. ted
--
Ted Schumacher
TS Imported Automotive

For the finest in British car apparel, accessories and
regalia, be sure to check with our MotoringXtras store.
We also have an extensive line of Black & White
checkered race-theme apparel.  Same address and phones.
Check it out!!!