fot

Re: Figure 8 gaskets

To: rgk@flash.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Figure 8 gaskets
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 17:51:36 -0500 (EST)

<<   TRF has original brass/copper type if
 ordered separately at .017", the ones that come in the gasket set at
 you sell are .017", MOSS was out of stock, but the Victoria British
 ones measured out about half way between .014" and .015". These are
 shiny steel color as opposed to the satin steel color that comes in the >>

<snip>
Hi Bob,
did you see my posting to the FOT about liners/decking blocks to
Alexander before your current Q's?

I slightly shortened my liners from BFE to match my undecked block
and the copper fig 8s that I prefer.  The steel fig 8s can rust badly
over time, and I like the compliance that the copper ones have.
.017" is the proper thickness, although some copper ones
used to be around .021 on the off occasion.

Regards      HP