fot

More on wheels

To: fot@autox.team.net, trgang@autox.team.net
Subject: More on wheels
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 13:04:58 -0700 (MST)
Actually, I have another set of 8 spoke wheels currently gathering dust in the
shed.  I was going to wait until closer to VTR to mention them, but figure I'm
on a roll now.

This other set of wheels will be for sale, too, though I was thinking that if
I get the TR6 back together and running by spring, I may take it out to an
autocross or two, and use these wheels for that.  They are 8 spoke wheels made
by Shelby, 15" x 8.5" and currently have 225/45/15 Hoosier Autocrossers mounted
on them.  I even have a pair of never mounted tires in that size laying
around, another effect of concentrating on the small chassis cars the last
few years.

Anyway, the point is that I was going to haul these wheels and tires to the
VTR meet in Winona, with the idea that someone may want to either purchase
them there, or just rent them for the autocross.  So if any of you folks who
might be running a DSP, er, I mean a Modified (gotta use VTR, not SCCA classes)
TR4-6 at Winona might want to try out a set of older but quite serviceable
sticky tires, have I got a deal for you.

And by the way, I am looking at driving out to The Great Flat Spot in time
for BRIC, then maybe hanging out in Indiana visiting friends and relatives
before heading up to VTR.  Or maybe flying back to SLC to get the team.net
box unclogged and running again, that damn computer just seems to sense when
I've crossed over the state line!

mjb.