fot

RE: Some More Questions

To: "'Richard Taylor'" <n196x@mindspring.com>
Subject: RE: Some More Questions
From: Chip Bond <spirals@esinet.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 08:54:37 -0500
Richard,

Ken G. sells 89-92mm bore sets. I can't use them, so can't speak to the
install process/modifications. Ken also has a numbr of very good quality,
moderate cam grinds.

Carrillos, At least $1000/ set new. But I doubt you would really require
them in a street/track motor. A good prep of stock rods, and max 6200 RPM
or so would really be all you need. I've often wondered what would be
involved in using a set of domestic aftermarket (Manley type) steel rods.
Through the circle track crowd, they can be had for something like $500/
set of eight. Maybe resize the big end for the correct crank journal
diameter. Then source pistons with the correct pin center to deck distance
to make up the difference in rod centers?
Has anyone here explored this?

I'd just let your machine shop remove and reinstall the cam bearings. But
be sure and check that the oil hole line up afterwards.

Chip