fot

Re: TR4A body/project cars for sale

To: <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Subject: Re: TR4A body/project cars for sale
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 13:05:43 -0600
Jack,
I got the 2 TR4A's today. It's cold and rainy down here, but not to cold to
see that the cars are not as they were advertised. The extra body is far
from what he told me and may not be much help to you. Rust isn't the
problem, "overall bendage" is! It looks to have been manhandled many a time.
The trunk lid, doors and 3 fenders are OK, but the floors and the rest of
the tub aren't. The rear deck area, including inner rear fenders appear rust
free. I may toss these parts aside for use on one of my rusty TR250's.

The "complete car", which came with engine and tranny removed and no seats
(he told me this in advance) has too many parts missing to be "complete". It
also had 2 surprises. #1 was a good one, an original armrest/ashtray option
in good shape. #2 was a bad one as the tub has been modified for a V8
conversion. This entailed cutting back the battery tray area and a small
notch in the floor for the tranny. They welded a brace for a rear mount. I
should have known when I saw the GM distributor on the floor with the rest
of the junk. Otherwise, it's pretty straight and rust free, all gauges, back
seat cushion (torn), reasonable chrome.

I paid for the honor of having this unloaded at my barn. I should no better.
I did get 2 engines and 2 tranny's, but I already had spares. Is anyone
interested in a project car? At this point, I have collected 3 TR250's (2
with typical rust in floors, rockers and tops of fenders, the other pretty
clean but with some bondo), 2 TR6's (rust free as they get) and the above
TR4A. I need to downsize my "honey, I bought them to restore" collection.
After all, I have 2 TR6's on the road, the TR3A track car and another TR6 in
lifetime restoration mode. I paid from $1150 to $2500 for the cars, and will
consider selling most of them with enough cash to get out clean on them.

Bob Kramer, Austin TX
Hill Country Triumph Club
TR6's, TR250's, TR3A vintage race
rgk@flash.net