fot

Sponsorship - FOT

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Sponsorship - FOT
From: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 08:54:11 EST
It occurred to me that collectively we provide considerable exposure at
various race events across the country. Has there ever been any discussion
amongst this group or anyone else thought about pursuing sponsorship ? (And
no, I am not suggesting that we make our cars look like SCCA vehicles.
Although I found decals an economical alternative to repainting injured parts
of my RX7).

This is not as far fetched an idea as it may sound. Just prior to my
purchasing the TR3, it was raced with a vintage team that was financially
sponsored by Coors Racing. And I believe the Victoria British has some type of
program. It seems we could represent very good exposure for either a British
car parts supplier, a car magazine, or even a British beer. ( I can see the
commmercial now, opening scenes of TR passing by Porsches and Ferraris on the
track, following us back to the paddock where we celebrate with a fine British

Tell me, have I been drinking too much CocaCola again ?  There are a number of
events that have fairly high attendance so there exposure to vintage cars fans
in general. We get a lot of Triumph owners through our Paddocks during the
race season. So we could help some in that specialized market. And we have
nation-wide representation. Which would make it easier to provide cars at
events. Plus our personalities ........