fot

Steering Wheel

To: formula_vee@nexus.onramp.tuscaloosa.al.us
Subject: Steering Wheel
From: JHarkness@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 06:59:28 EST
What great people you are!  I want to thank everyone who responded to my query
yesterday about a wood-rimmed steering wheel.

The idea had been inspired by the sight of the recently, and beautifully,
restored Nardi at the 35th FV party at the BRIC last summer.  But I got caught
up in the cosmetics, and hadn't thought through the safety issue.  Many of you
responded with a great, big NOT, pointing out the (now) obvious safety
concerns.

It sure is great to have hundreds of enthusiast/consultants at our finger tips
like this.  Again, thanks very much to all who replied!     A wiser John
Harkness