fot

new guy

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: new guy
From: Susan and John Roper <vscjohn@huntnet.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 20:32:12 -0500
    Ladies and gentlemen, I'm privileged to have been admitted to this
group.  By way of introduction I am a confirmed old fart, a proud
curmugeon, with a long history in SCCA, now seeking a return to the good
times in vintage.  My SCCA history includes  about 150-200 races
beginning in a TD, followed by a couple of Sprites, an Alfa, an SSA
Mustang, a Sports Renault, and an ITS TR8. I've done the runoffs.   My
current heartaches include a BN1 Healey with a compulsion to blow head
gaskets, a Daimler that was a club race car and is half finished, a twin
cam MGA with similar stats, and a +4 Morgan.  I build my own stuff(no
doubt a serious failing).  I was also a flagger and Steward(national
license) and long-time regional and divisional officer.
    The names that appear on the roster leave me properly humble.  Its a
privilege to be allowed to join.  I will probably lurk and learn for a
while.  Technical details are of great interest.   My favorite subjects
include TR8s, all odd British iron, vintage racing is still racing, and
my fantastic 12 year old daughter.  Given the opportunity I will preach
on the subject of the ills of the foster care system and the need to
generate opportunities for foster kids to be adopted.
      Should I get out of line, I trust you will educate me.  Nomex not
needed.  Hide of sufficient thickness.  John Roper