fot

Re: Looking Back

To: <N197TR4@cs.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Looking Back
From: "R. Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 15:18:13 -0800
Yes indeed you have the story straight.  We did win the D modified catagory
in the division and at the runnoffs in Daytona. Interesting enough as the
competition was two Ferrari's and a couple of Coopers and sometimes other
stuff not possible to describe. Charlie Gates is alive in Orange county
California and about 86 years old I'd say.  He started racing when he turned
47 and raced the first TR-4 in the USA. He was a successful Porsche pilot
for a couple years then I grabed him and converted him to the Water Buffalo
crowd. He drove in all our Sebring efforts except in the TR-250K.   By the
way I live in San Diego County, but then, if your not walking who cares?