fot

Re: Autopower roll bar tests - Summary

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net, FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Autopower roll bar tests - Summary
From: Don Marshall <marshall@nefcom.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 11:17:17 -0500
Thanks to all who responded to my question about the Autopower bolt in bar...

The general concensus seems to be that a full cage is better, and that
welded to the frame is better than bolted to the body, and that bolted to
the body is better than nothing and might be OK if it's properly attached
and additional bars are added for more protection.  There were several
examples of the bolt in bar being tested in action satisfactorily.
Unfortunately, I'm not ready to commit this particular car full time to
racing, so I'm probably going to have to compromise a bit so I can at least
get out and play a little while the "real" race car is being redone.

Again, thanks to everyone who responded.. these lists are great !!

Regards..
Don Marshall