fot

Re: Clutch Disk for GT6 gearbox used in a Spit

To: spitlist@gte.net
Subject: Re: Clutch Disk for GT6 gearbox used in a Spit
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 18:21:48 EDT
In a message dated 10/1/00 1:21:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time, spitlist@gte.net
writes:

<< Well gang,

 After 12 times pulling the gearbox to try different shims between the clutch
and flywheel to try to resolve the slipping clutch,  I
 GIVE UP!!!

 The Kevlar Disk I bought from Ted Schumacher is going into the Trash as soon
as I get the gearbox out again.

 My conclusion is that Kevlar is not a good material for clutches to be made
of.  It appears that it is much too slippery for a stock
 pressure plate.  Maybe if I wanted to spend several hundred bucks for a
competition pressure plate I could get it to work.  But I
 don't!

 So it leaves me with where to find a stock 7 1/2" disk with the i inch 10
spline center to fit a GT6.  Surely there is someone out
 there who can make such a product.

 ANy leads will be greatly appreciated.  I would like to finally be able to
run this thing that I have put so much time, effort and
 money into!!!

 Regards,
 Joe Curr >>
Hey Joe,
Sorry you're having all the agro, it sounds simple enough doesn't it?
Contact an outfit called Clutch Specialities in Fullerton Ca.  714-268-8397.
Brian understands what we want and can make up any combination you require.
Good Luck, Steve