fot

Neat!

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Neat!
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 23:46:48 -0600 (MDT)
Saturday afternoon I should have dashed home, fired up Killer, backed down the
drive and then returned to the garage.  That way, I could have claimed to have
driven three of my Triumphs in one day.

I drove Racket, the Mark 1 Spit, down to the shop to finish up some of the
details on the old D Prepared autocross Spit.  Got a few things buttoned down,
hacked up the seat so I could get a somewhat comfortable driving position,
and fird it up for a test drive.  After quickly roaring up and down in front
of the shop, I headed back home in Racket to get the Jeep and trailer.

Sunday was fun.  I had no idea what the car would do, how it would behave,
if anything would fall off, etc.  But got a few runs in without too much
trouble.  I did have a bit of a moment when coming off course and driving
back to grid, as I am not used to havng to keep an eye on the temp gauge and
work the fan switch accordingly.  It wasn't too bad, I was the only one who
got coolant from the bubbling radiator all over my tires.  But the little
car held together and was a blast to drive.  A few more tweaks this week, and
off to the final IVR event of the year this weekend.  Neither the car nor I
am ready for the real racing, I'll stick to a day or two of touring for now.
Once on the cam, that motor has a bit more grunt than Killer, it could be
*way* fun.  We'll see how it goes.

mjb.