fot

Re: EP results a.k.a. Triumphs at the Rainoffs(noTM)

To: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: EP results a.k.a. Triumphs at the Rainoffs(noTM)
From: "Ronald R Gates" <Ronald.R.Gates@usa.dupont.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 11:28:00 -0400
The wife and i picked up our son at the u. of pitt. and headed out to mid
ohio friday . We liked to froze to death . I was walking down the false
grid looking at all the great machinery lining up for their races , and it
was snowing ! No one had snow tires . Could not believe the formula
atlantic,s were using tire warmers! How much more expensive can you make a
class , before you kill it !
 We too saw the g/p race . I think it was the best that we saw . the
spitfires were very impressive , they look almost like sports racers .
Sargis and allen did very good jobs at the wheel . Allen broke and stopped
right in front of me . His car looks very nicely prepared , less the orange
painted frame .
I think that it just proves ,  that you do not have to race rocket ships to
put on a good show and have fun !

Peter Gates