fot

Re: Neat!

To: spitlist@gte.net, rjl6n@cstone.net
Subject: Re: Neat!
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 22:48:04 EDT
In a message dated 10/10/00 10:13:51 PM EDT, spitlist@gte.net writes:

> What??? The VTR has Autocross rules???  :)
>
>  (Those who were at Portland this year will understand this comment!)

Joe, I understand all too well what you're trying to say. But please don't
blame VTR for the, er, lack of proper structure at the Portland (OR)
autocross. VTR rules are very well thought out and very well spelled out.
Beyond that, they are a complement (supplement; doesn't matter, just take
your pick as both apply) to "normal" SCCA Solo II rules and to common sense.

The primary "deviations" in VTR rules from other Solo II rules are in
classing of cars. Oh, yeah, those are also well documented. No particular
offense intended to anyone in PTOA or to anyone else, but it does help
greatly when all those rules are actually read and understood AND FOLLOWED by
the organizers. :-)

--Andy Mace

p.s. It's all on our web site and in VTR's Event Preparation Manual, and 3 of
the 5 members (and this pseudo-ex-officio member) of the VTR Autocross
Advisory Board were at the autocross from start to finish!

--Andy