fot

front hub mods

To: <SpiwakD@aol.com>
Subject: front hub mods
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 16:16:20 -0400
Dave,

The modification to the rotor side of the hub is not significant.  What is
involved is to drill and tap four 5/16 inch threaded holes in the opposite
flange where it is pretty "meaty".  A spacer is machined to fit the gap
between the two flanges, providing the additional stability for the outer
flange.

I had mine converted with several that Henry Frye put through a machine
shop (multi-hub discount) for my street/AutoX TR3 in anticipation of
getting dedicated wheels and super sticky tires for Autocrossing.  The hard
part was finding long enough machine bolts (fully threaded) to span the
gap.  I couldn't find them and ended up chasing the threads myself.

I have don't have the pictures here at work, but I am pretty sure I still
have E-pictures on my home PC.  I'll send them to you during the weekend.

I don't know who devised up this modification, but it is a great way to
provide additional support the outer flange.

Jack Brooks
1960 TR3A
1980 TR8
1974 Norton 850 Commando