fot

Re: Not Tech - CVAR Fall Festival notes

To: N197TR4@cs.com
Subject: Re: Not Tech - CVAR Fall Festival notes
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 17:14:54 -0500
N197TR4@cs.com wrote:

> Yup Jeff...it is about friends and family. This was a good one. I can't count
> the ways. We had visitors all weekend telling us how much they appreciated
> our appearance and our Triumphs. Special.
>
> The facilities and the track were well beyond my expectations...
>
> We will be back...and will try to drag some other crusty TR guys with us...
>
> ....but keep that cranky cheatin' dog spec sprite guy away me.  He came up to
> me after the last race without introducing himself and said..."I dont mind
> you Triumph Guys racing with each other, but....." it went downhill from
> there, especially when he caught up with another FOT.
>
> Thanks Messrs.. Wilt, Kramer, Summerville, Hardison, Barnard and CVAR....
>
> Regards,
>
> Joe

I am very skeptical of road tracks inside of ovals, after boring Homestead a
couple of years ago. I'm also skeptical of Texas -- no people except for Dubya,
nothing but sky and grass, and me with more hat and boots than cattle.

Now for the first time in my life, I was all wrong. Great fun. The rest of you
FOT's should give this a try. It's not even a bad trip -- I'm learning (in
retirement, ahem) that a person can get almost anywhere in the USA in two days.
Small price to pay for the enjoyment at Texas World and especially for the
hospitality from the racers and officials.

When is that first race next year? Do I have to move up the completion date for
#59?
--

TR6 -- 29 and still running
TR4 -- 39 and being rebuilt