fot

RE: GT6 Triple Weber Manifold

To: "'fot@autox.team.net'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: GT6 Triple Weber Manifold
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@mccarty-law.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 09:44:49 -0600
Joe,

I wish him luck in his search.  It took me months to find one.  The
TriumphTune manifolds are said to be the best available, but I'm not
sure how available they are.  TWM Induction doesn't make anything for
the GT6 and wasn't interested in considering it.  The TR6 manifold (by
Cannon, etc.) will fit the head, but would require a substantial bulge
in the bonnet to clear the front carb.  I never located anyone else who
makes the manifolds as necessary for the front carb to clear the bonnet.

When I was looking for mine (January to June 2000), Triumph Tune told me
every few weeks that the new shipment was expected in a couple of weeks.
After enough whining to the list about it, Scott Harper from Team
Triumph discovered he had one Triumph Tune set on the shelf (by the time
TT delivered the manifolds, the customer had sold his car).

I'd check with TT to see if they've gotten the manifolds in.  They are
quite nice and the manifolds and linkage were pretty easy to install
(with a little 1:00 am help from Tom Strange in getting them synched --
thanks Tom!).

Your friend will need to substitute a different arm for the front carb
or it will hit the bonnet.  It's too tall, sticking up at the same angle
as the rear two.  I experimented with different lengths until I got the
same opening ratio as the rear two carbs by using a longer arm and
shorter link.  It does mean you can't use the nice turnbuckle adjusting
link on the front carb, but it works.

Scott
sbarr@mccarty-law.com
(920) 766-4693