fot

Re: Your opinion ?

To: tedtsimx@q1.net, GRMTim@aol.com
Subject: Re: Your opinion ?
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 11:57:15 EST
While I can't argue with the points made by Ted & Tim, another stick in the
fire is who is coming into prime power (age wise).

Here in the USA vintage racing became a meaningful sport when youths from the
post World War II era came into power and had disposable income to a point
where they made a blatant attempt to return to their youth and obtain and
drive the cars that were hot when they were young.  Cars most could not
afford when they were new.  Now a new group is coming into power, and along
with them comes new cars.  Their cars.  Look at how popular muscle cars have
become as collector items.  I predict that old NASCAR racers are going to
become a very hot item.

While not surprising, it will also be a can of worms for the sport.

Bill Dentinger