fot

Re: What Is The Silent Majority of FOT Thinking? I am asking

To: "Bob Lang" <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: What Is The Silent Majority of FOT Thinking? I am asking
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 14:04:37 -0600
Bob,
I purposely avoided the NE and NW quadrants of the country. In the language
of the day, I have been partisan!  Since you guys are so far away, it would
take a real commitment to bring a car anywhere south-central, and I've been
suggesting an early or late season event, which means south is it. Hallet,
and even Dallas gets bad weather much earlier than we do. TWS is 9 hours
south of Hallet. Hallet could not support and A/X, where as TWS could hold
road races, A/X and even drag races. I think the break even point to renting
TWS is between 75 to 100 entry fees.

Having said that, I have attended the VTR conventions whenever they were a
reasonable distance away. I like the idea of tagging a race event to the VTR
convention, but the logistics are very difficult. In Savannah, the 1992 VTR
convention had it's A/X at Roebling road, and after completing that, they
used the track for timed solo laps. I don't think they actually held a race,
but as I remember it there was a fantastic turnout of vintage racecars. This
is an interesting debate. I hope we come up with something.

Bob Kramer
TR6, TR4A, TR4
Hill Country Triumph Club
Corinthians Vintage Auto Racing