fot

Re: MG jokes: I'D RATHER EAT WORMS . . .

To: "Jim Hill" <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>, <Herald948@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: MG jokes: I'D RATHER EAT WORMS . . .
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 17:23:42 -0600
I am probably wrong on this, but wasn't the first bumper sticker of it's
kind:

"I'D RATHER PUSH AN MG THAN DRIVE A TRIUMPH"

What would that poor soul do at an NFL game, with "Kill the Cowboys? Crush
the Broncos? This fellow must have completely forgotten the friendly
sporting and real marketplace rivalries of his own favorite marques. I'm a
Triumph guy through and through, but if I hadn't been scared away by a
leaky, smoking MGB right before I found my first TR250, I could be on the
wrong side of the fence! I was lucky, spared a lifetime with the second best
of the affordable LBC's. So even if you want to give me one... paraphrasing
LBJ... I will not seek, nor will I accept ......an MGB. Tell 'em to eat
worms!

Bob Kramer
TR4, TR4A, TR6, 2.5 Saloon
rgk@flash.net