fot

Re: Touring school - was Re: What Is Th...

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Touring school - was Re: What Is Th...
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 12:53:36 -0500
At 11:46 AM 12/28/00 -0500, Matthew Wilder wrote:
>  Put these on the track with not so experianced Cobra kit
>and Mustang racer wanabees and tell them to only pass on the straight.  It
>didn't work well.  We actually had stop and go trafic at some points.

This is exactly what has been going through my mind as I followed this
thread. I think having a gaggle of non-competition licensed Triumph owners
on the track and only allowing passing on one "safe" section of the track
will lead to bottlenecks of many fast cars trying to get around one
slowpoke at once creating a very dangerous situation.  If I brought one of
my street Triumphs to such an event I would sit on the sidelines and cross
my fingers no carnage occurred on the track.

Another thought, after informing the participants their classic or historic
car insurance would undoubtedly NOT cover anything that happened on track I
wonder how many folks would in fact run.

I think timed solo laps is a better alternative.

Happy holidays to all.
Henry Frye - thefryes@iconn.net   -   TR4 #05
http://members.iconn.net/~thefryes/race/raceintro.html