fot

FOT National Gathering Survey

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: FOT National Gathering Survey
From: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 01:39:42 EST
FOTers

    Mark has posted the individual responses of 51 FOT members about a
national gathering at http://vitesse.team.net/fot. I have also forwarded to
him a short report that I hope that he will also post. For some reason, I was
unable to send the brief report directly to you earlier.

    There are approximately 157 on the FOT roster. 14 of those responding
were interested in autocross. Thirty eight express interest in road racing. I
apologize in advance for ay error that may have occurred in individual
some interpretation was necessary.

    As is sometimes the case, the additional commentary proved insightful.
The balance between travel time/expense verses the amount of fun (track time)
was frequently mentioned as a prime consideration.

    My impression from reading the various responses is that FOT should
consider having annual regional gatherings and every other year also having a
national. The FOT gathering should take the form of test days before Triumph
friendly events.

    With only 37 FOT racers, this is about all that a Triumph only event can
reasonably undertake. Of course, if there were more Triumph racers and/or
other Britsh marques involved, maybe a weekend event would be more feasible.

    A number of comments were about working with VTR on this issue. Whether
VTR would be willing to pace priority on a central location at the time of a
significant road race is a prime question.

Regards, Cary