fot

Re: Stacks for Strombergs

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stacks for Strombergs
From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 13:42:24 -0500
I concur with Jack on the radius issue.  A full radius is worth the
cost if you are looking to improve airflow.  Accoring to David
Vizard's "Tuning BL's A-SeriesEngine" book, an air horn with a 1/8"
radius and 30 degree roll back can result in a 1.2% decrease in air
flow compared to a bare carb.  A 1/8 inch radius horn with a 270
degree roll back has a 4.4% increase in flow compared to a bare carb.
When I was having problems with my SU HS6 carbs running lean, I pulled
the TWM air horns off and gained 600 rpm, before it would lean out
again.  They do flow well.  If you are looking for something a little
less expensive, APT was selling some sub-stacks for SU's that flow
almost as well as a long radiused stack. I think that they were  $15
to $30 each the last that I looked.  I don't know if they have
anything that fit Strombergs.  They are at www.aptfast.com.   Joe(B)