fot

Re: Who's coming to the "Redcoats on the Rio Grande" race in

To: dos_gusanos <dos_gusanos@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Who's coming to the "Redcoats on the Rio Grande" race in
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 00:56:01 -0600
dos_gusanos wrote:

> I AM, That's who.  And I challenge (invite) any of you Triumph guys who think
> your cars can hold a candle to my all powering Austin Healey.  Especially if
> you're one of those candy-asses from Texas.  Actually our twisty 1.65 mile
> road course would rather favor a Spitfire.  But I'll still take you on.  The
> dates are Sept.8-9 we also have another race the second weekend of October,
> the 13th and 14th(the second weekend of our spectacular Balloon Fiesta and
> RMVR puts on a great event the very next weekend the 20th and 21st.  We'd love
> to see you out here racing in the deepest reaches of outer
> space................Cheers Henry Morrison, Cedar Crest, NM

Gee, Henry, that sounds like a real challenge.... <smile> As for that
big Healey, maybe you should work on that inside tire-lifting problem
before dissing the Triumph owners, from Texas or otherwise??? We keep
all four in solid contact to the ground at all times.... <grin> And, as
for that "outer space" stuff, we down here in the south of the state got
you covered and blanketed and bound up tighter'n a tick in a wrinkle, in
that regard. Balloons get shot down by UFOs... (er, or is that shot-down
balloons are UFOs?). <smile> Unfortunately, all we have here in the way
of races are UFO bathtub races on July 4th. <g> Don't think Brit cars
qualify.... (!)

But, maybe some of those I-ooowww-a and Illi-noise guys should come
down--there weren't _nearly_ enough Triumphs to suit me at the last race
at Sandia I attended. As for me, I'll have to wait for the next year or
so.... Anybody got a roller TR4A IRS chassis for sale? Uh, oh yeah...
cheap? <smile>

Cheers.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM (yes, _that_ Roswell)

`70 GT6+ (being refurbished, slowly)
`72 GT6 Mk. III (organ donor)
`72 GT6 Mk. III (daily driver)
`64 TR4 (awaiting intensive care)
`80 TR7 (3.8 liter Buick-powered)
`86 Nissan 300ZX (the minimal-maintenance road car)
`68 VW Type II Camper (Lancia twin-cam powered, but feeling its age....)

Remember:  Math and alcohol do not mix... do not drink and derive.