fot

Re: Total Seal rings

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net
Subject: Re: Total Seal rings
From: William G Rosenbach <wgrosenbach@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 14:01:19 -0600
The only time I have ever encountered rings that would not seat was when
we fitted a set of chrome rings in a TR-6 "BILCHROME" block. It was a
street engine and after several thousand miles and several stops by law
enforcement for smoke we tried a drastic measure. We fed the engine,
through the carburetors, BonAmi. It did not work. The only remedy was
fitting plain cast iron rings. They seated in minutes.

Always wanted to try chrome rings in a chrome block when the cylinder
walls were mirror smooth, but never got to that point.

Are there high chromium liners for the TR-4?
Were the TotalSeal rings chrome?

Bill 1970 GT-6+
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!