fot

Re: GT-6 brakes, now studs

To: MJSUKEY@cs.com
Subject: Re: GT-6 brakes, now studs
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 11:41:50 -0600 (MDT)
Use the values for the TR7 studs, not for the car's original studs.  The
hubs should be fine.

This reminds me of a time some summers ago, when Pugs and I were autocrossing
Junior, a squaretail Spit.  We had a friend who was just getting into autocross
and he was also running a Spit at the time.  At one event I was checking over
the car, and torquing the wheels.  He casually asked what torque I was using, I
told him 60.  Didn't think of it again until later that season when he stripped
yet another one of his Spit lugs.  Then it occurred to me he was torquing his
original 3/8 studs to the same value as I was using on 12mm ones.  Yikes.

He ended up buying a TR7 which he was going to use for racing, ended up moving.
That TR7 may see the pavement once again, it could be showing up as soon as
the Intermountain Vintage Racing Wendover weekend August 18/19.  Depends on how
busy I get this month.   Stop on by Wendover, Utah, on your way to VTR if you
can schedule it.  Or be in Salt Lake City that saturday, the 18th, and do the
Alpine Loop tour with the British Motor Club of Utah.  That could be fun, and
a chance to see how your car will behave in the mountains.

mjb.