fot

Re: soft mounts for SU's

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: soft mounts for SU's
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 09:11:02 -0400
This is one problem I have not had, but I think I am about to...

The TR4 racer has a set of H6's, the long carbs on the short manifold. They
are TR3 carbs. They have worked OK, but...   ;-)

I just found a set of HS6's, the short carbs on the long branch manifold. I
plan to run them at the next outing.

Just looking at the two setups, I can see where the HS6's on the long
manifold might have a greater tendency to shake, thus foaming the gas in
the fuel bowls.

Does this phenomenon of foaming the gas in the fuel bowls only apply to
HS6's, or is a car running H6's also susceptible?

Should I fabricate the soft mounts before VIR in 3 weeks?

As always, thanks.