fot

Re: Rear seal survey

To: JElbe@superflow.com, vinttr4@geneseo.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear seal survey
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 10:18:31 EDT
In a message dated 10/4/01 7:03:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time,

<< Subj:     RE: Rear seal survey
 Date:  10/4/01 7:03:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time
 From:  JElbe@superflow.com (Jim Elbe)
 Sender:    owner-fot@autox.team.net
 To:    vinttr4@geneseo.net ('Jack W. Drews'), fot@autox.team.net

    I am about to install one myself. No experience with them but would also
 like to know. The last standard one I installed only lasted 3-4 races and
 started leaking badly. Improper installation -- incorrect end play ??
                       Thanks,
                             Jim Elbe
                                  TR4 #223

An interesting subject.  Jack Wheeler sold me a seal retainer several years
ago for using (I think) a big block Chevy seal.  I bought the seal, but never
got around to making the conversion.

I assume that everyone who is trying to install their conversion is having a
machinist turn the grooves off of the crankshaft?  I heard from someone else
that Jack showed up at the Runoffs once with a serious rear seal leak.  I
don't know if this happened before or after his conversion.