fot

RE: Rear seal survey

To: "'WEmery7451@aol.com'" <WEmery7451@aol.com>, kaskas@earthlink.net,
Subject: RE: Rear seal survey
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 15:17:20 -0700
I've been maintaining the standard oil level with my accusump, and got
booted out of the last run at the Maryhill hillclimb as a result--when the
car was sitting still there were a few drops under it. I tried to explain
to the tech inspectors that a few drops in the paddock don't translate to
oil on the track, but they were insistent, so I stuck it on the trailer.
Had enough anyway (NOT).

When I got home, I drained the oil, opened the accusump, then put the oil
back in until I was a little high on the stick. Started the engine and
opened the accusump. Got the pressure up to 80 pounds and closed the
accusump, stopped the car and I was out of sight low on the stick. added
enough oil to barely show, opened the accusump, restarted and ran it 'till
water temp was 195. Closed the accusump, turned off the engine, rolled it
back to a clean spot and let it sit overnight. No oil.

Damn.