fot

Re: IRP

To: N197TR4@cs.com, 356drb@indy.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: IRP
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 07:09:11 -0500
At 01:58 AM 10/8/01 -0400, N197TR4@cs.com wrote:

>Hi Brett!! Joe (A) here. Arrival 12:15AM in Iowa
>
>Dick Naze: We got reports of shrapnel hitting other folks, and they  didnt
>understand where it was coming from ...scary stuff. Sorry to hear about Dick
>Naze. Hope he is OK...

Well, at least now I know why all of those chunks of metal that were coming
out from under Dick's car was not accompanied by the dumping of slippery
fluids. I had a closer view of that than I preferred, and was hit in the
helmet right above the visor by a flying chunk (yes, I ducked).

And if any of you are vintage racing without a scattershield (I have one),
you might want to address that over the winter.

Brett, if you are in contact with Dick, please send wishes for a speedy
recovery.

Irv Korey