fot

RE: Different Kind of racing

To: "'dos_gusanos'" <dos_gusanos@msn.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Different Kind of racing
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 17:39:17 -0700
Not strictly, though there will be some vintage and semi-vintage cars
running in it. It's an ICSSC race put on by the Cascade Sports Car Club at
Portland International Raceway (PIR). My Radical is a 2001 sports racer
powered by a 1000cc Kawasaki motor. Lunatic car. Weighs 950 pounds until I
put my fat rear end into it, and has about 160 HP. Sequential box that
shifts on the left ("where *DID* that damned shift lever go..."). Turns
about 1:20 at PIR with the chicane, which is 11 seconds a lap faster than
Peyote and four seconds a lap faster than the GTS Porsches. Scares the
crap out of me, but what fun!