fot

casting patterns

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: casting patterns
From: BRITPAC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 13:45:49 EDT
My guess is that some ended up in India. A lot of stuff was sold off there.
The Vanguard motor is still built there (placed in a Rover SD1), and as I
recall the Gazel was based on the Herald stampings and patterns. Who knows,
maybe 1300's are still built there. The 1500 might still be in BMIHT
posession.

We carry new G4012 Lucas generator replicas that are made there: that's what
I've run in Great Race and it's been reliable. Moss is selling Indian
cranks...

Pierce Manifold makes the crossflow MGB heads, as well as the TR3 aluminum
heads. Give him a head to use as a core (he will have to cut it open) and he
can make them. No idea if he's working on Spit heads already or not. Pierce
is known as a Weber distributor and manufacturer of custom racing manifolds
(like the TR6 for the  Weber 3236's). He's in Gilroy, CA., south of San Jose.

Steve & Janet Hedke
"Moss Motors Team Scrappy"
Great Race #45, 1957 Triumph TR3
britpac@aol.com