fot

Re: Combustion chamber shrouding?

To: " FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Combustion chamber shrouding?
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 01 11:55:32 -0800
>It's not for the faint of heart, nor for those using stock head
>gaskets.

>Note that the "shim steel" head gaskets mentioned in the Comp Prep
>manual are NLA, but copper equivalents are available.

Once the shroud is cut away, you need to cut eyelashes out of the top
edge of each liner that matches the cut out space on the head.  The top
of the cut out needs to be identical to the cut out on the head and end
before it reaches the top ring at TDC.  Then of course each liner needs
to be lined up with cuts in the head.

Next you take a metal head gasket and lay it over the head.  You cut the
gasket back until it lines up with the cuts in the head.  At that point
the inner of the two combustion sealing ridges is compromised.  You lay a
length of solid copper wire around the outer edge of the outer
compression ridge and glue it into place.  You should also add a wire
around each of the water passages.

Assemble & torque down.

I believe this to be the most effective single mod you can make to the TR
head behind milling for compression.  But it is not for the faint of
heart.

TeriAnn Wakeman               If you send me direct mail, please
Santa Cruz, California        start the subject line with TW -
twakeman@cruzers.com           I will be sure to read the message

http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

"How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
Amelia Earhart 1898-1937