fot

VARA 2001 EP Champion

To: "FOT \(E-mail\)" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: VARA 2001 EP Champion
From: "Mordy Dunst" <gasket.works@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 06:33:36 -0600
It was not at all what one would consider an easy win for Steve.  Besting
the  EP field of competitors and Joe's (Siam) spectacular skill on the track
is really an achievement.

This is especially so in VARA EP.  The level of competition is fierce (yet
CLEAN) and this most recent event at Las Vegas just underscores this point.
Those who were present will understand.   Suffice it to say that the first
10 cars on the grid are about 1 sec apart on lap times.  The first 25 cars
are two seconds off.

This EP field has really matured and is now demonstrating it.  I'm proud to
be a member of VARA and a participant in EP.

FYI.   To put things in perspective.. Steve had about three hours before the
final race of the season...(We were told that his win was not yet clinched
at that point).  Yet he drove me and our local FOT welder to his shop so
that he could weld the yoke of my IRS half shaft which craked during
practice..   When he should have inspected and prepped his car for the
race!!

VIVA Las Vegas

and

2001 EP champion Mr. Steve Smith.