fot

Sir John Black

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sir John Black
From: "P Richardson" <paul-richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 08:22:16 -0000
Hi Gang

Just a line to put a point of history right. It has often been reported that
bad blood developed between Sir John Black and the Morgan family after Henry
Morgan refused to sell his company to the Standard Motor Co in the early
fifties. This came up again the other day when I was asked to comment on a
script about Sir John that was to be published in a supposedly  'informed'
article. The unresearched 'crap' I read was a disgrace and mainly copied from
other articles.I told the guy so - and he wasn't too pleased.

To put this Morgan thing right. Peter Morgan has told me, on more than on
occasion, that there was no bad blood whatsoever between his father and Sir
John
after Henrys refusal to sell his company. Peter also says this is rubbish as
he was there at the orriginal meeting. In fact Sir John and Henry Morgan were
life long friends and Peter told me that his father always considered Sir John
'A perfect Gentleman.' -as did Peter. A point of history here is the fact that
Sir John, whilst working at the Patent Office early in his career, actually
drew up the patent drawings for the first 3 wheeled Morgan motor car for Henry
and advised on all the detailed patenting  - which would have been in about
1910.

Best wishes
Paul