fot

Additional information concerning Spit/GT6 rear suspension

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Additional information concerning Spit/GT6 rear suspension
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 20:50:36 -0700
I think I need to offer this in order to clear up some questions that may be
asked.

Since I am using the GT6 rotoflex rear suspension and it may not be up to the
added power of the S2000 engine, anything I spend on sorting out the
rear suspension needs to be usable if I need to change the rear drive
components out.

I have already broken a U-Joint and sheered off a rotoflex coupler bolt, so it
is highly likely that I will be looking for some stronger axle
components and maybe even a different pumpkin.  So far the Quaife equipped 4.11
hasn't shown any signs of trouble, but those usually don't creep up as
much as showing up all of a sudden!  :)

So if the fix is not inexpensive, I will need an upgrade path that does not
waste any major expenditure!

Regards,
Joe (C)

P.S. Clive, does that CV axle modification hold up to a lot more stress than
the Stock components?