fot

TR4 ball joints - necking?

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 ball joints - necking?
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 21:31:51 EST
If the ball joints are "necking"  ( the housing part touching the shank that
holds the ball)  this is a dangerous situation that could lead to full
failure.

A ball joint should never be the limit for suspension travel.  I have never
seen one designed for that purpose.  When a car gets airborne, it will
usually get to full droop.

BTW do you use the TR2/3/3A & early TR4 set up, or the TR3B/ TR4A set up?

 Hardy TS10646L