fot

In case you happen to be in Salt Lake

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: In case you happen to be in Salt Lake
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 03:20:24 -0700 (MST)
The games are done, the visiting hordes have cleared out, the Beach Party
has come and gone, temperatures are getting back to what one might expect
of springtime in the Rockies - must be time for the traditional Spring
Tinker Day at The Fat Chance Garage.  This one will be back at the dark
and dreary confines of the shop, none of the luxurious seating and exotic
house plants found at Pugs' hangar.

So make a note on your calendars for Saturday, April 6th to check out
Tinker Day.  It gives club members a chance to gather and offer their advice,
ridicule or to just reminisce as they watch other club members sweat over some
minor problem, or hang out and drink bad coffee as we stand around watching
the snow fall.  Like I said, springtime in the Rockies.

It will start Saturday about 10 am, and go until everyone heads home.
Usually that's about 2 or 3 pm, depending on what sort of projects get
undertaken, whether or not we call in a pizza strike, or the grill is
going, whatever.

The location is 3994 South 300 West, unit #22 in Salt Lake City.  Get to the
4500 South exit of I-15, go east a few hundred feet to 300 West, also called
Commerce Drive.  Head north up 300 West for a ways, until you are a few
hundred feet from the 3900 South overpass.  Turn west into the Garco complex,
and thread your way through assorted automotive salvage projects towards the
freeway end of the complex.  Unit #22 is about 100 feet from I-15, it used to
be 200 feet, though the building hasn't moved.

You should see various Triumphs scattered about in front.  Assuming I get
there at least 5 minutes before the official 10 am start, I should have the
coffee pot going and the air compressor charged up.  If you think you may
need special tools or something, email me at mjb@britishmotorclub.org or give
me a call at 801 558 8817 beforehand to discuss it.  Or call that cell number
at 9:59 saturday morning as you wander about the streets of Murray or
Taylorsville or Oakley wondering how to get there from where you are.

As a reminder, my shop is not one of the neatest, cleanest and most safely
organized areas of the earth's surface.  I recommend you not bring children,
they could seriously injure themselves playing with the "toys."  Dress
appropriately.

See you there!