fot

Re: Prolong Engine Treatment

To: "Ronald B. Cressey" <rbc_restoration@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: Prolong Engine Treatment
From: Justin <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 18:09:39 -0700
In addition to the website links I just sent out... there's also this
report:    --Justin

PROLONG DEBUNKED IN CONSUMER REPORTS

Consumer Reports magazine ran a caution in its September '98 issue about the
claims made by
Prolong Engine Treatment.

  Prolong infomercials feature indy 500 legend Al Unser appearing to risk a
$60,000 Dodge Viper
to demonstrate Prolong's amazing claims.  Unser and others drive the Viper
along a racetrack in
the Mojave Desert without oil or oil drain plugs.  The same ad, broadcast
nationally, pictures a
woman who, thanks to Prolong, supposedly drove from Santa Barbara to Los
Angeles without oil.
 She apparently stopped driving after 4 hours and 40 minutes because she was
hungry.

   Consumer Reports installed a factory-rebuilt GM 4.3-liter V6 engine into
each of two Chevrolet
Caprices.  They broke them in with Pennzoil motor oil, changed the oil and
oil filter in each car,
and added Prolong to one of them.  Prolong claims to work immediately, noted
Consumer
reports.  They then drove more than 100 miles, then drained the oil and
started driving again.
 After only 13 minutes and five miles, both engines failed simultaneously.
Consumer Reports
has notified the Federal Trade Commission about this test.

AMSOIL ACTION NEWS / December 1998  P 18