fot

Mark 1 Spit for sale?

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Mark 1 Spit for sale?
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 00:44:13 -0600 (MDT)
As I often do I'm considering trimming down the list of projects so I can
concentrate on actually making some progress on a few.  For instance getting
a decent bonnet on Killer, which had that clapped out red one for the '97
Texas VTR, and the '98 Minnesota VTR, and Oregon, and still today, though
there is some Jasmine Yellow paint and a mostly striaght stripe painted on
it.  And perhaps fixing the brakes in the red racer.

Anyway, one of the project cars is the only street legal Triumph I have,
a Spitfire Mark 1.  Drove it to the shop and back tonight, it is a fun
little car.  It is a running, driveable car that needs *everything*.

Well, the 185/60 Yokos aren't too bad, and it does have some 13 x 5.5 alloy
wheels.  It currently sports a contender for the world's worst paint job.
A contender, not a champion, mind you.  Basically one weekend I was looking
at the car and wondered how roundtail Spits look in Triumph's Delft Blue
[ http://www.team/net/mjb/Racket.html ]  The 8 spoke wheels and wood trimmed
Nardi steering wheel in that shot are not part of the package, sorry.  I'll
get more pics up soon.  I plan to drive it on the British Motor Club of Utah
tour this weekend, a fresh 'For Sale' sign displayed on the boot lid.

A major project, lots of rust and tweaks and previous repairs.  It sports
a Weber 40 DCOE sidedraft and the Mark 2 tube header.  Also a conversion
to a GM internally regulated alternator.  The interior is crap, the seats
are falling apart, the soft top has a cracked and darkend window, and I love
the little thing.  Stout of heart, it always refreshes my enthusiasm for
Triumphs.  But there's Killer, and the red racer, and the TR7 I've been
thinking about for IVR racing, and the TR6 I tore apart in '87 and need to
finish...

$895, cash, Visa, Mastercard - delivery at extra cost possible to, say, Denver,
Phoenix, Pasadena, Sacremento, Yakima - maybe even Topeka, Kansas around
the middle of September.  We shall see.

mjb.