fot

Re: Accusump

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Accusump
From: VANDECARR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 13:03:58 EDT
I didn't explain the situation well.  You need to open the valve before
starting the engine but should remember to close it before you turn the
engine off.

When you first start up the engine with an empty accusump the accusump takes
pressure away from the engine until it is resonably charged.  I have mine
plumbed into the oil galley above the oil filter.  If the accusump is empty
and the valve is open, at start up you will notice a 10-20 second delay in
getting decent oil pressure.  Once the accusump is charged to about 40 lbs.
everything is fine.  This is only a problem with the manual valve systems.
Accusump has a special valve built into the electric model to limit the
amount of oil it takes at startup.

Dean VanDeCarr