fot

Leo Oddi Nomination

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Leo Oddi Nomination
From: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 20:45:48 -0400
Hello All:

I feel that Leo Oddi loddi@na.ko.com should be included in FoT.

Leo showed that he is made of the right kind of stuff by driving his nearly
stock TR 250 from Fredericksburg, Virginia to his first road racing event at
Summit Point, West Virginia (86 miles according to Microsoft) on Thursday
morning, changing windscreens, taping the headlights (or not) and going
through the SVRA Orientation, School, Practice, Races (Group 8) and
finishing everything he entered. He stayed out of everyone's way as far as I
could see, and had no problems. He also wore a huge grin after the Group 8
race. Group 8 had Pork Chops and Tigers and other scary beasts in it.

Then Leo switched windscreens and drove back to Fredericksburg Sunday
afternoon.

Leo has had the TR250 since 1981 and has restored it to show condition. He
has autocrossed the car for years but this was his first road race.
He has kept the full interior and everything.

I think he could benefit from the Wisdom imparted by the others on  these
e-mails.

I feel that he shows the spirit of vintage racing by keeping the car nearly
stock and driving back and forth to the event.

Can I have a second?

Regards,

John (J.R.) Herrera