fot

Re: Group 44 TR6 Clone

To: "Thom Morin" <thomm@epi-wa.com>
Subject: Re: Group 44 TR6 Clone
From: "Mordy Dunst/Gasket Works USA, LLC" <gasket.works@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 19:07:11 -0700
FYI

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Thom Morin
  To: 'gasket.works@gte.net'
  Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2002 8:35 AM
  Subject: Group 44 TR6 Clone

  Gentlemen,

  I'd like to introduce myself.  I'm a racing enthusiast and track rat who is
in the process of acquiring and developing a TR6 for vintage racing.  As you
may have guessed, I'm seeking information on the modifications and setup made
to the Group 44 cars and I'd like to develop a Group 44 TR6 clone to run in
West Coast events.  I'm going with the TR6 because the starter car is so much
easier to come by than the TR5/250 and because it might not "hurt" so much if
I get punted off the track by an overzealous fellow racer.  There is, of
course, no chance at all that I might end up off the track due to any of my
own lack of talent or overzealousness.

  Do you have a resource or a lead on some information on chassis/motor/other
modifications made to those great Group 44 cars?  I'd like to be as authentic
as possible, rather than just copying the paint scheme and calling it a day.

  Thom Morin

  Seattle, Washington