fot

Glacier Girl....

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Glacier Girl....
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:30:25 EST
"....breaks the bonds of the surly earth" for the first time since the early
40s.

I was watching national TV Monday morning and got very excited. As a pilot
there was great pleasure in seeing the first flight footage of a restored
WWII
P-38, that was wrestled out of about 300 feet of ice, starting in the early
80s. Destined for England, there was bad weather and fuel depletion resulting
in forced landings of American built aircraft.

It's a great story and it belongs to one of the FoT. Without the and vision
and efforts of this FoT and his partner, this P-38 would not be flying.

Although he was not interviewed, I think I saw him with a cell phone clamped
to his ear...he is pretty unmistakable. Especially when he arrives at the
track with his TR4  race car pulling a trailer with racing tires and pit bike.

With some inducement, perhaps this adventurous FoT member might share some of
the story.  It might begin with him "Rolling The North Pole" in a Bonanza....

I hope I am not putting you on the spot, Richard.

One of the Great American adventures, I think.

Joe Alexander