fot

Re: interesting SCCA facts

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: interesting SCCA facts
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 20:29:45 EST
In a message dated 11/3/2002 8:17:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
twakeman@cruzers.com writes:

> Don't forward the stats to BMW.  I'm not sure I'm ready for a Triumph
> badged bimmer.

How much "worse" is that than the European Ford Mondeo-based Jaguar X Type?
And how much "worse" would it be than, say, a massaged Standard Vanguard
engine and gearbox mated to Triumph Mayflower suspension, clothed in a
simplistic, severely cost-limited body? If it comes to be, better that the
Triumph name appear on a thinly disguised BMW than on a thinly disguised Kia.
I happen to think that the 3-series cars would make a nice starting point for
the new Herald. ;-)

But back to the origin of this thread. I was a bit surprised that Ford was
not in the Top 10? Are there no Pintos left in Improved Touring classes, or
???

--Andy Mace

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've
got it made." -- Groucho Marx