fot

Re: Vintage TR250 Photos

To: <LOddTR@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vintage TR250 Photos
From: "Bill Sohl" <billsohl@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 09:01:53 -0500
On Friday, November 01, 2002 11:28 PM
Leo Oddi asked:

> I am interested in seeing some vintage photos of TR250's in race trim
during
> the 1968/1969 season. I would like to have my TR250 vintage racer be
> authentic to the era. Interior and engine compartment shots would be most
> helpful.

In that the 250 was a "bridge" model that was only produced for 9 months
between the end of TR-4A production and the start of TR-6 production
with 250 total production at only 8484 units, there weren't many 250s
that were actually raced.

We (Vintage Triumph Register) published a color picture of the Group 44
TR-250 on the back cover of VTR magazine #66.  It is a typical
3/4 shot on a track somewhere.  White car.  Much of issue 66 focused
on the TR-250 (e.g. Road Test magazine reprint on the 250 introduction,
Earl's Court Motor Show TR-250 introduction, etc.)

I have a five extra copies...email me if you want one for $6 to cover costs
of mailing, etc.  Any "profit" we'll use to help fund the VTR Traveler's
Assistance
Program booklet we are targeting to be printed next year.

Cheers,
Bill Sohl
VTR Director at Large (sounds impressive doesn't it :-)